The virus discussed here will send a fake video to your friends via email and infect all of their computers. PLEASE note that it is ALWAYS dangerous to open attachments in emails and to let programs run that you don't know or understand.
I am including the direct download of MalwareBytes AntiMalware here (this version is from December 24 2011. If you are hare after 3/1/2012 you should use below link.)
Alternately you could go to their site for the latest version at MalwareBytes.org (it is free software though you can get an enhanced version if you want to pay. NOT NEEDED!)
Here's what you need to do...
1. Install MalwareBytes Anti-malware from above.
allow the program to do what it wants and just accept defaults it presents.
At the end of the install there are 2 check boxes "Update the program" and "Launch the program"
ONLY UPDATE IF YOU ARE CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET OK.
2. Once in the program there are tabs as seen below. In the "Scanner" tab select "Perform Full Scan", then click "Scan"
3. You will be presented a list of drives on your pc. normally the program will select all hard drives and other drives that have something in them (like CDs or flash drives). Good to accept the default. (This is mine, yours will have different drives)
4. In the scan window you can watch the progress and see when it finds things. MANY things are found near the end of the scan so don't stop early!
This process could take up to several hours to complete. BE SURE TO LET IT COMPLETE.
5. Once the scan is complete there will be a button that says "Show Results" that you need to click.
6. Assuming it found something,you will then see a list of viruses with check marks by them. At the bottom there should be a button that says something like "Fix Selected" or "Repair Selected" oro something (I forget which). Click that and when done reboot your computer if requested.
7. You should now be 99.9% safe. The other .1% is when you call me.
RUN THIS SCAN ONCE A MONTH FOR SAFETY!!!